Wednesday, August 15, 2007

fly me to the moon

Have you ever imagine travelling around the world in just 80 minutes? Yes 80 minutes... this is what the Barcelona-based architects promised when the "Galactic Suite," the first hotel planned in space opens for business on 2012.

This will be the most expensive in the galaxy, costing $4 million for a three-day-stay. Wow! who ever can afford that?!

So, what activities are in store for the guests staying at the Galactic Suite? Well, during their stay, guests would see the sun rise 15 times a day and use Velcro suits to crawl around their pod rooms by sticking themselves to the walls like Spiderman (spider sense!). And when guests are not admiring the view from their portholes they will take part in scientific experiments on space travel.

This is indeed impressive, but then again, who would want to spend huge amount of money on going into space? Bill Gates? I just don't know...

For me, lying down on a rooftop at night underneath the sky and with a little imagination is already my ticket to space.

1 comment:

Paquito said...

Hi Cecile,

Thank you for your comment and your visit to my blog from so so so far away :-)

Of course I know you were spanish territory (your country name was given by our King, Philip the Second).

I know you used to speak spanish but I think 100 years ago you started to learn english and spanish died: such a pity :-(

Anyway, Go right now over your place to visit it and leave a comment :-)

Kind regards from Spain,

Paquito.
http://paquito4ever.blogspot.com