Sunday, November 05, 2006

quotes for the day

A dear old Quaker lady, distinguished for her youthful appearance, was asked what she used to preserve her appearance. She replied sweetly, 'I use for the lips, truth; for the voice, prayer; for the eyes, pity; for the hand, charity; for the figure, uprightness;and for the heart, love.
- Jerry Fleishman

Mere change is not growth. Growth is the synthesis of change and continuity, and where there is no continuity there is no growth.
- C.S. Lewis

Whatever man loves, that is his god. For he carries it in his heart; he goes about with it night and day; he sleeps and wakes with it, be it what it may
- wealth or self, pleasure or renown.
- Martin Luther

It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.
- Charles Haddon Spurgeon



1 comment:

Unknown said...

HI! The one I like is "100 years from now I will not be judged by the size of my house, the kind of car I drive, the size of my bank account but rather, whether or not I made the difference in the life of a child"!

I have linked you! Welcome and stop by anytime!